Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Wonder of God's Christmas Presence (Part 1)

I'm coming into this Christmas season wearier than usual on the caregiving front and wrestling a bit with fears about the future for our 16 year old daughter who has Angelman Syndrome.  My life, like yours, is complicated and sometimes scary.  I can't imagine doing this life without the confidence that God is always near, holy, compassionate, powerful and sufficient for all our needs. Despite that assurance, I still struggle too often between deep gratitude for His presence and longing for a greater sense of it.


How about you? Do you sometimes wonder what God is up to in your circumstances? Have you ever fought off feelings of abandonment and asked God to show you who He is in fresh and tangible ways? Although I see evidence of God, His love and His power every day, there are still areas in my life where I am waiting to more fully understand and see Him.


During this Christmas season, I invite you to join me in asking God to remind us and refresh us in the Truth of Who He is, how He keeps moving toward us and how He makes it a priority to be available with all of his compassion and authority.  


Today begins a short series of posts meditating on Immanuel — God with us.  Let us worship together by thanking God for revealing Himself to us and by remembering how very near and accessible He is.

Matthew 1:23“Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel” (which means, God with us). 
Exodus 25:8And let them make me a sanctuary, that I may dwell in their midst. 
John 1:14And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. 
Ephesians 2:19-22So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord. In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit. 
Psalm 139:7-8Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there.If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me and your right hand shall hold me.
What are YOU learning about the presence of God in your life today…in this generation, during this holiday season, on this particular day in history or in this particular season of your life?  

Share with a friend, family member, neighbor, co-worker or even stranger. Tell us in the comments below or write me at lisa@walkrightin.org.  Your encounters with God encourage others and honor God.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for participating in valuable exchange between Walk Right In Ministries and friends!