Wednesday, July 13, 2011

FINDING GLORY Wednesday

Today’s scriptures and discussion question are, once again, taken from the Finding Glory in the Thorns: Group Discussion Guide. Please join the discussion. Share your comment below and invite others to join these conversations. The more the merrier!

"No one has ever seen God; but if we love each other, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in him and he in God. And so we know and rely on the love God has for us." 1 JOHN 4:12-16

"Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit." EPHESIANS 2:19-22

How does the idea of being part of that Body (Christ's sacred Body) inspire and challenge you to embrace joy, practice gratitude, and share in the ministry of the Holy Spirit by loving one another?

For more information about Finding Glory Groups, visit http://www.findingglory.com/findingglorygrou.html.

Today's reflections are copyrighted excerpts taken from Finding Glory in the Thorns: Group Discussion Guide.

2 comments:

  1. In working with seniors every day, I feel a compassion and joy in sharing His name with them and their families. Some of the seniors do not know Him. Being part of the Body, I have a stronger relationship with Christ, and I'm more sensitive to the Holy Spirit - His promptings. There is more joy and love for others.
    Janet
    http://www.justacloserstumble.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing that I am a part of the body inspires me because it also identifies me and defines me. And I'm so blown away by a loving God who would send His Son to die for me and then send His Spirit to live in me. Because I am His -- I am not a stranger. I am His beloved. I should be inspired to be thankful every breathing moment but so many times I fail. So my challenge is to live in surrender of the all important me and find a sense of blessing and gratitude in all things -- and to love others as He did. I can't do it but His Spirit dwelling in me can. What a great mystery!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for participating in valuable exchange between Walk Right In Ministries and friends!