I often find myself praying that my children will keep learning this reality — that the Word of God is a most powerful way to connect with who He is and understand His profound love for them. With that introduction, let us continue to pray together for the many children in our lives (whether our own or those we still love deeply).
Sweeter Than HoneyHow sweet are your words to my taste. PSALM 119:103Lord,Today I pray that my children would love Your Word.
I pray, Lord, that by loving Your Word, my children will recive important warnings about life and be blessed with great personal reward (v.11). Amen.
- Because "the law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul," may my children realize how much they need Your refreshment (v. 7).
- Because "the statutes of the LORD are trustworthy," may my children take risks to build their lives on Your Word (v. 7).
- Because "the precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart," may my children take genuine delight in studying the Bible (v.8).
- Because "the commands of the LORD are radient, giving light to the eyes," may my kids use Your Word to make important decisions (v.8).
- Because "the fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever," may my children revere, honor, and worship You all of their lives (v.9).
- Because "the ordinances of the LORD are sure and altogether righteous," may my children rely on them to test every other belief, philosophy, or lifestyle they encounter (v.9).
- Because your ordinances "are sweeter than honey," may my children crave the Bible more than any other book (v.10).From "Praying the Bible for Your Children" by David & Heather Kopp.
Join us again tomorrow to pray about kids with special gifts.