Friday, January 8, 2010

Something New

ISAIAH 43:19
"See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland."

I seem to be running into a lot of people who feel STUCK lately. I've been there. Whether stuck in a relational rut, stuck in a behavior pattern (needing to kick a habit), or stuck in circumstances that are (or seem to be) out of my control, I certainly relate to what it feels like to be bone weary of living without a sense of progress that brings the kind of hope and encouragement I desire.

It seems to me that whenever I'm stuck, it's for one of two reasons: either there is disobedience to God in my life (lack of trust in Him and/or stubborn unwillingness to yield to Him) or a simple need to watch and listen to Him until things become clear (keep reading the Bible, praying, and worshipping while I wait).

With a brand new year unfolding, I'm excited about being part of God's bigger adventure of Life! I'm anticipating that He will be doing something amazing this year -- in the world and in my own heart and family. Why am I so convinced? Because God never stops doing new and good things. In fact, He is the Creator of things that are good and new:

He puts a new "song" in our mouths - PSALM 40:3
He gives us a new name - ISAIAH 62:2
He gives us a new heart and puts a new spirit in us - EZEKIAL 36:26
He brings new mercies every day - LAMENTATIONS 3:23
He makes us a totally new creation - 2 CORINTHIANS 5:17
He gives us a new birth in Christ - 1 PETER 1:3
He will bring a new heaven and a new earth - REVELATIONS 21:1

So when I read noticing the source of power behind Isaiah chapter 43 that demonstrates God's intention to bless our obedience and stay right next to us through any turmoil, I am encouraged and challenged.

Are you looking for something new, refreshing, empowering, reassuring or affirming to happen in 2010?

IT IS OUT THERE FOR US! It is coming when we take a courageous step of obedient faith. It is also coming when all we know for certain is that we must remain surrendered at the knee of our Heavenly Father waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for participating in valuable exchange between Walk Right In Ministries and friends!